If you encounter issues when working with Rackspace Identity Federation, use the information in this section to help you troubleshoot.
Need to save a SAML response in the Chrome browser#
Sometimes your support technician might ask you to send them the SAML response so that they can do additional troubleshooting for you.
Perform the following actions to save a SAML response in Chrome:
- If you don't already have the SAML Chrome Panel, go to Chrome Webstore - SAML Chrome Panel and click Add to Chrome to get and install the plug in.
- In Chrome, press F12 to start the Developer Console.
- Select the Network tab and click Preserve Log to add a check mark.
- Select the SAML tab.
- Reproduce the issue.
- Look for any unique SAML posts in the SAML Response section. Select that row, and then copy the XML-formatted SAML response.
- Paste the response to send to the support technician.
Problems creating an Identity Provider#
Check the following items:
- Was your metadata XML file downloaded correctly and not corrupted in any way?
- Is your Login Domain unique? For example, mycompany.com can't be used for more than one Identity Provider, even if the domains are in different Rackspace accounts.
Problems logging in#
After entering your email address into login.rackspace.com/federate, were you not redirected to your identity system login or were you not redirected back to Rackspace after a successful credential entry?
If not, consider the following:
- Check the Login Domain for your Identity Provider to ensure that you have set the
correct one and that it is a valid email address domain. (For example,
- Try updating your Identity Provider metadata by re-downloading the metadata file from your third-party SAML provider and updating it in the Identity Provider details page.
- Verify the Rackspace federation details that you entered into your third-party SAML provider. For examples, see Configure Third-Party SAML providers.
Problems with roles or access#
After successfully logging in, were you able to access the products or services that you expected to find?
Consider the following items:
- Review your Attribute Mapping Policy to ensure you are assigning values to the roles parameter. Look at examples in Configure Third-Party SAML providers, and Configure Attribute Mapping.
- If you are using Fanatical Support for AWS, review the Fanatical Support for AWS section in Assigning Fanatical Support for AWS Permissions. If things look correct, contact your Fanatical Support for AWS account manager or support team for further guidance.
Other issues or questions#
Contact Rackspace Support as covered in Get Rackspace support.
Have the following information available when contacting support:
- Account number for which you set up the Identity Provider
- The third-party SAML provider being used
- The Login Domain that you set up for your Identity Provider
- Browser or browsers that you use to access the Control Panel and Login portals
- Any Attribute Mapping Policy changes or versions that you have created
- Any error messages that you encountered during Identity Provider set up or when logging in