Rackspace cloud core infrastructure at a glance¶
Your Rackspace cloud configuration is backed by the physical infrastructure in our data centers.
The virtual infrastructure of the managed cloud is provided by infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) software services that perform some of the same functions as hardware devices in our data centers:
- Cloud Servers provides computing power.
- Cloud Networks creates an internal network of cloud servers.
- Cloud Block Storage emulates a removable disk, which can be transferred from one cloud server to another.
- Cloud Images preserves a consistent starting point for new Cloud Servers instances.
- Cloud Files provides long-term storage for an unlimited number of objects.
- Additional services enable specific activities such as user authentication, load balancing, and event monitoring.