Preparing to use SDKs and APIs¶
If you have a Rackspace cloud account, you can use Rackspace APIs to interact with the cloud services you subscribe to.
The basic process is the same for all Rackspace APIs:
- Collect the parts that you need for the request:
- Obtain your account credentials (API key and account number, also called tenant ID) from the Cloud Control Panel.
- Use your credentials to authenticate, receiving a token and a service catalog as proof of success
- In the service catalog, find the endpoint for the API to which you want to send a request.
- Look up the API reference section of your product found in API documentation.
- Assemble the request from its parts. Plug in the values that you collected for your credentials, the API's endpoint, and any details (such as the ID of a server) specific to your configuration and your API request.
- Send a well-formed request to the service's API endpoint.
- Process the service's response.
Beyond this general process, the details vary depending on which service you are working with. For product-specific introductions to the SDKs and APIs relevant to specific core infrastructure products, see: