Flavor classes for virtual cloud servers¶
To create your server as a virtual server, open the Virtual Server tab on the Create Server page of the Cloud Control Panel.
You can choose Virtual Server flavor classes optimized for compute, I/O, memory, general purpose, or standard resources:
- Compute is optimized for web servers, application servers and other CPU-intensive workloads. Storage is entirely backed by Cloud Block Storage, for maximum flexibility.
- I/O is optimized for applications that demand high disk I/O and consistent performance, such as large relational databases and NoSQL data stores. Storage is RAID 10-protected SSD.
- Memory is optimized for applications that demand low-latency access to large amounts of RAM, like caching servers, in-memory analytics and search indexes. Storage is entirely backed by Cloud Block Storage for maximum flexibility.
- General Purpose is for web servers, batch processing, network appliances, small databases, and most general purpose computing workloads. Storage is high-performance, RAID 10-protected SSD.
- Standard scales resources like CPU, memory, and storage depending on your needs. All storage is located on RAID 10-protected SATA hard disk drives.