Establishing your cloud configuration¶
Use the Rackspace cloud core infrastructure services--Cloud Servers, Cloud Networks, Cloud Images, Cloud Block Storage, and Cloud Files--to create the core of your cloud configuration. After you've done that, take further action to make your cloud configuration secure, recoverable, and manageable.
The core infrastructure services are grouped here consistently with the categories introduced in Touring the Rackspace cloud, service by service:
- Core infrastructure in the Compute category discusses Cloud Servers and Cloud Images, introducing key concepts and basic actions for each.
- Core infrastructure in the Network category discusses Cloud Networks, introducing key concepts and basic actions.
- Core infrastructure in the Storage category discusses Cloud Block Storage and Cloud Files, introducing key concepts and basic actions for each.
Each service is described in terms of key ideas and specific actions:
- A concepts section introduces terminology and ideas to help you understand how you can use that service to optimize your cloud configuration.
- An actions section introduces concrete things you can ask the service to do, such as listing or creating or deleting virtual devices.
For details about how to accomplish those actions using the interface of your choice, begin at Interacting with the cloud.