Rackspace Style Guide for Technical Content#
Last updated: Jun 29, 2018
This document contains writing, style, terminology, and image guidelines for Rackspace technical documentation. Use these guidelines to create clear, concise, and consistent technical content for Rackspace external and internal customers.
- Highlights top writing and style guidelines for content contributors.
- Writing guidelines
- Provides detailed advice for writing content that is clear, active, direct, and grammatically correct. This section explains fundamental standards for good technical writing.
- Style guidelines
- Provides information about how certain elements appear in Rackspace content—for example, how we show abbreviations, how we capitalize headings, whether we allow contractions, and what formatting we apply to certain text.
- Terminology guidelines
- Provides advice for using accurate, consistent, and concise terminology in your content, and for writing for a global audience.
- Screenshot and diagram guidelines
- Provides instructions for when to use and how to create screenshots and diagrams to enhance your content.
- Release notes guidelines
- Provides instructions specifically for writing release notes for Rackspace Cloud services APIs. You can use these basic guidelines, however, when writing release notes for any product or service.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.