vRealize Operations spheres of support#
This section lists the vRealize Operations configuration and operations tasks that Rackspace manages and the tasks that the customer is required to manage.
- Installs the appliance, configures its services, and supports its underlying infrastructure.
- Connects the vCenter Server instance in vRealize Operations.
- Upgrades all previous versions of vRealize Operations to latest Rackspace-supported release.
- Performs uptime checks on the vRealize Operations instance.
- Maintains a backup of the vRealize Operations instance and restores vRealize Operations upon customer request.
- Adds and deletes users and roles.
- Configures authentication sources such as vCenter, Active Directory, or LDAP.
- Adds and deletes certificates.
- Manages all administrative permissions on cluster creation and configuration.
- Requests vRealize Operations restoration from backup, when needed, by using support tickets (for example, if the user inadvertently deletes reports and other items).
- Requests vRealize Operations configuration changes, if needed, by using support tickets. (Customers can view the configuration, but cannot modify it.)
- Customizes, schedules, and monitors reports in vRealize Operations.