Before a VM can be enrolled in Guest OS Services, it must meet the following requirements:
- The VM OS must be a supported type and version
- VM is powered on
- VMware Tools must be installed and running
- The OS of the VM must have the local firewall disabled
- The VM must have at least one NIC connected to a physical network with at least one IP address configured that matches the physical network topology.
- PowerShell v3 or higher must be installed
- WinRM must be able to start
- An Administrator privileged login must be provided for enrollment
- Remote Desktop sessions must be enabled
- SSH logins must be allowed
- A root privileged login must be provided for enrollment
- A valid repo must be configured for dependent package installation
The valid repo requirement does not apply if Rackspace patching is selected.
#. Customer provided RHEL licensing must not be in use. If the patching service is selected, Rackspace RHN will be configured instead of the existing RHN subscription.