Client libraries and tools#
Rackspace Monitoring provides the following additional libraries and tools that you can use to interact with the API.
Python: rackspace-monitoring Library
The Python client library for interacting with the API is based on the open source Apache Libcloud framework.
Review the client library code and documentation in the rackspace-monitoring GitHub repository.
To install the library, run the following command:
$ pip install rackspace-monitoring
Ruby - rackspace-monitoring Library#
The official Ruby client library is based on the open-source Fog library.
- Review the client library code in the rackspace-monitoring-rb GitHub repository.
- To install the library, run the following command:
$ gem install rackspace-monitoring
Command line interface (CLI): Raxmon tool
You can use the Raxmon CLI utility to interact with the API.
- Review the CLI code and documentation in the rackspace-monitoring-cli GitHub repository.
- To install the CLI, run the following command:
$ pip install --upgrade rackspace-monitoring-cli
Integration resource: Rackspace Monitoring Cookbook#
Rackspace Monitoring provides a cookbook for integrating with Opscode Chef. Use the following resources to learn how to do the integration:
- Download the cookbook from the cookbook rackspace monitoring GitHub repository.
- For information about installing the Chef integration, see the Rackspace Monitoring Automation - Integrate Monitoring with Chef article in the Rackspace Support How To collection.