What's new in RPCO v17.1 Queens#
Rackspace Private Cloud Powered By OpenStack (RPCO) Queens release 17.1 is based on the OpenStack-Ansible (OSA) project. For OSA release notes, see OpenStack-Ansible Queens Release Notes.
Major new releases of OpenStack such as 17.1 typically include many changes, enhancements, and new features. RPCO is a tested configuration of a subset of all available OpenStack services.
These release notes list some of the significant upstream OpenStack changes made since the Queens v17.0 release and are provided for your awareness. It is not a statement of support. For more information about supported features and configurations, contact your Rackspace sales team or support specialist.
General changes and improvements#
- Adds GA support for the
octaviaservice, which provides Load Balancing as a Service (LBaaS) capabilities.
Load Balancing as a Service (octavia)#
OpenStack octavia is supported in GA. It is currently used with Rackspace Kubernetes-as-a-Service (KaaS) offering only.
- Project release notes: https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/octavia/queens.html
- Basic Load Balancing Cookbook: https://docs.openstack.org/octavia/queens/user/guides/basic-cookbook.html
- Layer 7 Load Balancing Cookbook: https://docs.openstack.org/octavia/queens/user/guides/l7-cookbook.html
- Layer 7 Load Balancing Guide: https://docs.openstack.org/octavia/queens/user/guides/l7.html
- Octavia API reference: https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/load-balancer/v2/index.html
- Octavia Command Line Interface reference: https://docs.openstack.org/python-octaviaclient/queens/cli/index.html
- Octavia feature highlights:
- Built-in active/standby high availability.
- Support for multiple listeners utilizing the HTTP, HTTPS, or TCP protocols.
- Support for multiple pools.
- Support for L7 load balancing.
- Support for HTTP, HTTPS, PING, TCP, TLS-HELLO, or UDP-CONNECT health monitoring.
- Granular quota management.
- Support for HTTP header insertion (
- TLS/SSL termination is not supported in this release. As a result, the
TERMINATED_HTTPSprotocol is not supported. TLS/SSL passthrough is supported.