Change your cloud account owner#
You might need to change the primary user, also known as the account owner, when a user leaves the company or the company or project name changes. Update this information for your Rackspace Technology Cloud and Amazon Web Services® (AWS) accounts through the Rackspace Technology Customer Portal.
Only the current account owner can assign a new account owner.
When you change the account owner:
- You must select the new or promoted user from existing users on the account. The selected user becomes the primary contact and has full control over the account.
- As the former or demoted primary user, you are set up as an Administrative contact type and given basic Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) Identity permissions. The primary user might need to set up RBAC permissions for the demoted user, depending on the use case.
Complete the following steps to change the account owner:
- Log in to the Rackspace Technology Customer Portal.
- Select Account > Account Settings from the global navigation menu.
- Select Update next to the Account Owner.
- Select the radio button for the user that you want to assign as the new account owner.
- Add the account owner’s address and select Submit.
- When prompted to confirm the account update, type CONFIRM in the text box and select Complete.