Using API operations, users and applications can programmatically determine which extensions are available, either by listing them or getting details for a specific extension. To get the list of currently available extensions, see Retrieve list of extensions.
At this time, Rackspace provides the following extensions to the Cloud Servers:
- Disk configuration extension. Enables control of how the disk is partitioned when a server is created, rebuilt, or resized. See Disk configuration extension.
- Extended status extension. Shows extended statuses including the VM, task, and power statuses in the response bodies for the list server and get server details calls. See Extended status extension.
- Rescue mode extension. Creates a new server with the file system for the specified version of Cloud Servers mounted to fix file system and configuration errors. See Rescue mode extension.
- Used limits extension. Returns the amount of absolute limit capacity that is currently used. See Used limits extension.
- Volume attachment extension. In conjunction with the Cloud Block Storage API, you can attach a volume to a server instance, list volume attachments for a server instance, get volume details for a volume attachment, and delete a volume attachment. See Volume attachment extension.
- Scheduled images. Allows you to schedule automatic creation of server images. See Scheduled images extension.
- Flavor extra specs. Allows you to list, create, and update the extra-specs or keys for a flavor. See Flavor extra specs extension.
- Flavor OS extra specs. Provides the
OS-FLV-WITH-EXT-SPECS:extra_specsattribute for flavor listings, using the additional os-extra_specs URI request parameter. See Flavor OS extra specs extension.
- OS server actions. allows you to view a log of events and actions taken on a server. See Server actions log extension.
- Config drive. read-only configuration drive that is attached to server instances on boot. See Config drive extension.
- Boot from volume. Shows you extra specifications for a flavor. See Boot from volume extension.
- Networks. Shows you how to attach and manage networks. See Networking extension.
- Virtual Interfaces. Shows you how to manage virtual interfaces for networks. See Virtual interface extension.
- Scheduler Hints. Allows you to specify whether you want to build a new server near to, or far fram, an existing server. See Scheduler hint extension.