Learn about new features, enhancements, known issues, resolved issues, and other important details about Rackspace Cloud Databases API 1 service in the following release note information.
- v2.47.0, January 28, 2016
- v2.40.0, November 12, 2015
- v2.36.0, October 14, 2015
- v2.34.0, October 1, 2015
- v2.30.0, September 17, 2015
- v2.31.0, September 10, 2015
- v2.30.0, September 2, 2015
- v2.28.0, August 25, 2015
- v2.27.0, August 11, 2015
- v2.26.0, July 30, 2015
- v2.23.0, July 8, 2015
- v2.22.0, June 25, 2015
- v2.20.0, June 25, 2015
- v2.19.0, June 4, 2015
- v2.18.0, June 4, 2015
- v2.17.0, May 19, 2015
- v2.16.0, May 11, 2015
- v2.15.0, April 29, 2015
- v2.14.0, April 10, 2015
- v2.13.0, April 10, 2015
- v2.12.0, February 12, 2015
- v2.11.0, January 29, 2015
For information about using the API, see the documentation overview.
This release includes the following updates:
- Change wording and behavior of public client.
- Move keystone in requirements txtAdds "schedule" field to HA GET call.
This release include the following updates:
- Added the new API operation Change database instance name.
- Scheduled Backup Fixes:
- When a replication setup is converted to high availability (HA), the automated backup schedule for the replication is converted as well.
- HA MySQL Fixes:
- Added checks for HA group actions.
The API reference documentation includes the following updates:
- Added volume and flavor info to the List HA database instance details API operation.
- Added a note about converting an automated backup schedule, if a source/replica has automated backups enabled, to the Convert replication setup to HA API operation section. The schedule is converted to an HA group automated backup schedule, with the source ID set to the HA ID. The day, hour and minute settings are the same as the source or replica schedule.
- Added a warning about the source instance changing to the RESTART state when it is enabled as the master during replication setup.
The following API operations were added:
- Convert replication setup to HA
- Resize volume for an HA instance
- Resize flavor for an HA instance
For details, see the API reference.
A new feature was added to allow users to configure the number of full backups. For details see Create scheduled backups.
Updated API operations that had malformed instances.
An API operation was added that enables you to update the backup schedule for a specified schedule by using the schedule ID. For details see Update schedule for backups by schedule ID.
The v2.30.0 release is a maintenance release that does not include any new features or changes.
The following response parameters were added to the List all datastore types operation:
The Add replica to HA Instance Group operation was added. This operation adds a replica node to the HA group.
This release does not include any new features.
Updated API operations that had malformed instances.
- Incremental backups are no longer labeled as incremental.
- A 1-to-1 relationship between a schedule and an instance has been established.
- When you specify that a
full day!=today, no incremental backup is performed until after the full date.
High Availability (HA) support has been added for Percona 5.6 and MariaDB 10.
A new configuration value with a shortened timeout was added for get_volume_info RPC calls.
- A feature was added to Get instance that now shows if a schedule exists.
- A feature was added to prevent actions on a replica for instance users and databases.
- A feature was added to actually delete backup files from Cloud Files.
- An issue was identified that MySQL sql_mode ANSI_QUOTES breaks guest agent queries.
- A feature was added to enforce minimum instance size rules for replication.
- A feature was added to support string quoting in instance configurations.
when you delete an instance, incomplete backups of the instance will now fail.
The replica_of attribute in the slave instance was fixed.
None for this release
This release includes an update to fix an incorrect time stamp that was listed on instance creation.
- The release numbering scheme has been changed to make it easier to accomodate hotfixes by using the last number. For example, v2.14.1 could be used as the release number for a hotfix for v2.14.0.
include_replicasquery parameter has been added for filtering out replicas from the List all database instances and List all replicas and replica source database instances API operations. For examples, see List all instances/replica sources and filter out replicas.
- Fixed the following backup issues:
- The authentication token was refreshed when it expired in the middle of the backup process.
- Uncompleted backups are prevented from being restored.
- The correct status of the backup (failed, succeeded, and so on) was not reported.
- A new API operation List replicas for source instance was added.
- Logic was added to prevent users from changing the password of the replica user and causing any inadvertent change.
Fixed backup operations to ensure successful completion of the backup process.
- The capability to list replicas for a source database instance was added to the List replicas for source instance instances operation operation.
- The request body of the Detach replica operation
operation can now contain only the