General API information#
The information in this section is relevant to all operations of the API. For details about specific operations, see the API reference.
The Rackspace Cloud Databases API is implemented using a RESTful web service interface. Like other Rackspace Cloud services, this service shares a common token-based authentication system that allows seamless access between products and services.
All requests to authenticate and operate the service are performed using HTTPS on TCP port 443. For authentication instructions, see Authenticate to the Rackspace Cloud.
- Service access endpoints
- Contract version
- Request and response types
- Date and time format
- Database instance status
- Database instance accessibility
- Monitoring Cloud Databases
- Monitoring read replication
- Using SSL for Cloud Database instances
- Configuration management
- Datastore types and versions
- High availability for Cloud Databases
- Role-based access control (RBAC)