General API information#
The information in this section is relevant to all operations of the API. For details about specific operations, see the API reference.
The Rackspace Cloud Block Storage API is implemented using a RESTful web service interface. Like other Rackspace Cloud services, this service shares a common token-based authentication system that allows seamless access between products and services.
All requests to authenticate and operate the service are performed using HTTPS on TCP port 443. For authentication instructions, see Authenticate to the Rackspace Cloud.
- Service access endpoints
- Cloud Block Storage service versions
- Request and response types
- Cloud Block Storage quotas
- Absolute limits
- Paginated collections
- Response codes
- Date and time format
- Role-based access control (RBAC)
- Differences between Rackspace Cloud Block Storage v1 methods and OpenStack Block Storage v2 methods