Rackspace is committed to supporting developers and technologists.
Open Source Contributions
Open source is part of the job description for many Rackers, and we make several types of code and community contributions, including:
- Building tools in-house and sharing them on Github.
- Accepting pull requests and mentoring developers who want to contribute to our projects.
- Fielding questions in email, irc, and on Stack Overflow.
- Documenting, documenting, and more documenting.
- Designing and implementing new tools in the open.
- Organizing meetups and conferences and maintaining an active presence in many technical communities.
Rackspace developers attend, speak at, and facilitate hundreds of events around the world. This "fanatical support" in the field is central to Rackspace's mission. We want to meet developers where they are, in their communities, and show them the love and support they need to build amazing things on the Rackspace Cloud Platform.
OSS Hosting Program
Rackspace supports a wide range of OSS projects in the areas of security, scientific computing, and big data, among others.