Announcing the launch of the ObjectRocket DBaaS Service Block
Rackspace is launching production-tested datastores in ObjectRocket, a simple-to-use and dependable cloud Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) platform.
Rackspace recently introduced the concept of Service Blocks, which provides you with a defined, streamlined path to achieve specific data, infrastructure, and application management and transformation initiatives. We designed Service Blocks to give you the flexibility to engage with the necessary service and expertise, without forcing commitments to more than you need. This new model of delivering services is exceptionally compatible with our platform, so we’re proud to launch the ObjectRocket® Database-as-a-Service Service Block. Whatever data journey your company is on, Service Blocks provide both the foundational services that we recommend to build and maintain a robust data environment and the services to then transform and modernize your data.
ObjectRocket DBaaS Service Block overview
ObjectRocket DBaaS takes the burden of database strategy, planning, management, and administration from your teams so you can focus on core business objectives. Instead of spending time monitoring database performance, scaling resources, and troubleshooting issues, you can turn your team’s attention toward building new capabilities and growing your business.
ObjectRocket provides fully managed, automated, and highly available products and services, including MongoDB®, Elasticsearch®, PostgreSQL, Redis®, and CockroachDB, which our expert DBAs and customer data engineers support. Customers get instant access to production-ready instances with the latest database technologies, elastic resources to shrink and grow capacity, and performance based on your application’s needs—all on a secure platform that is monitored and maintained by a team of database experts.
With this service, ObjectRocket ensures that the database is reliable, scalable, and fast by helping customers with the entire project—from critical early decisions such as data replication and modeling to security assessments and architecture guidance to round-the-clock monitoring and support.
Focused on solutions
The ObjectRocket DBaaS Service Block solves the following significant challenges faced by enterprise companies today:
- Planning: We continually analyze the market to select the best database technologies for each use case, taking the guesswork out of picking a new database technology. Our experts guide you to the right technology for your needs.
- Provisioning and configuration: We base the database configurations on industry best practices to keep your data secure and address your performance, availability, scalability, and financial requirements.
- Monitoring and maintenance: Our experts handles all database monitoring and maintenance so that you can focus on your business. This service includes 24x7x365 monitoring, upgrades, migrations, and planning for special events.
- Future-proofing and migration: Our team informs you about new and upcoming technologies. When the time comes to add a new feature or technology to your data stack, our experts help you to plan and migrate to that new technology.
Key features and benefits
Database management through a DBaaS platform provides a sought after level of automation, flexibility, and security to support technologies that experience increased traffic and fast growth. ObjectRocket differentiates itself in the industry with 24x7 hands-on human support, best-in-class datastores offering a complete portfolio to support your application’s use case and needs, and open source technologies in public clouds to protect customers from vendor lock-in.
ObjectRocket DBaaS Service Block features
ObjectRocket removes the administrative complexity of database management so that customers can focus on driving innovation with the following critical features:
- Industry-leading data technologies: Our experts regularly research the data industry to identify the most popular data stores by use case including structured, distributed, document store, search and logging, value type and caching, and time series.
- Available at scale: We designed ObjectRocket to elastically scale up and down based on your needs, offer built-in failover, and back the service with an industry-leading 99.95% platform-uptime guarantee.
- Fully managed backups: All instances on ObjectRocket come with managed daily backups and two-week retention to help ensure that you never lose data.
- Lightning fast, highly performant: ObjectRocket optimizes infrastructure for database environments with high performance, low-latency networking, and SSD storage.
- Security best practices: All products on ObjectRocket follow security best practices and include SSL/TLS, IP address whitelisting user authentication, and at-rest encryption. The ObjectRocket management interface supports role-based access control and multi-factor authentication.
- Always-on support: Our experts monitor databases around the clock to help ensure that the database is active and performing correctly. Our database engineers take action whenever possible to avoid potential issues, quickly react when problems do arise, and provide regular feedback when changes are needed to improve future performance.
ObjectRocket DBaaS Service Block benefits
As a key benefit, the ObjectRocket DBaaS Service Block gives your team their time back by removing the burden of planning, provisioning, administering, and supporting databases. However, DBaaS provides so many more benefits, including:
- Production-ready databases in minutes: Go from signup to a fully functional database in minutes. An intuitive interface and efficient API make it easy to deploy production-ready database stacks quickly.
- Smart scalability: Scale smoothly, rapidly, and safely as the our team of database engineers and administrators applies deep database understanding to anticipate your future data needs.
- Performant platform with global reach: Experience lightning-fast speed with a widely distributed architecture, cloud options, and global data center connectivity that gets your data as close to the application as possible.
- Reliability and expertise: Take advantage of database experts who are available whenever you (or your database) need them. Your team can focus exclusively on the business, while ObjectRocket ensures that your data is always available.
- Lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and increased business agility: Gain economies of scale that yield operational savings compared to DIY. The portfolio of datastores, combined with our depth of expertise, enables you to consume the best-fit technology without massive investment.
Get started in minutes
With automatic provisioning, ObjectRocket has your database production-ready in minutes.
We provide API’s and an extensive doc library to enable you to self-serve, and our highly experienced team of engineers stand ready to support you when you need them. Priced by the gigabyte, the offering includes infrastructure, a Grafana® metrics dashboard, access-based control, 24x7 support, and database administration to plan and configure your current and future needs.
To get started, sign up at app.objectrocket.cloud, where you can find pricing in the platform as you configure your instance. To learn more about the ObjectRocket platform and our management and support services, visit www.objectrocket.com.
Visit www.rackspace.com and click Sales Chat to get started.
Use the Feedback tab to make any comments or ask questions.