Install Jenkins on a Rackspace Server
You can use the MyCloud Control Panel and the Orchestration service to create a new Rackspace server and install Jenkins in one step.
The following steps show you how to choose the correct Orchestration template to design and build a new server with Jenkins pre-installed.
- Log into MyCloud.rackspace.com.
- In the Quick Build panel on the home page, click on the 'From Template' option.
- Choose Jenkins from the selection list of available templates.
- Click the 'Actions' button and then choose 'Create Stack from Template'.
- Make sure 'Production' is selected in the Flavor box, and click the Create Stack button.
- Modify the default Stack Name and Region, as needed.
- Expand the Advanced Options section, and make any changes to the Jenkins Admin E-mail, Worker(s) Flavor, Master Flavor, and Image.
- Update the Number of Secondary Servers to the starting number of worker nodes that you need.
- Click on the 'Create Stack' button. The stack creation process typically takes around 15 minutes to complete.
The following steps show how to update the number of worker nodes after server creation.
- Install 'python-openstackclient' or 'python-heatclient', as well as any dependencies.
- Set the appropriate environment variables. For more information, see Using the heat client.
- Run the following command, substituting your Stack Name for 'Jenkins-Stack' and the number of workers you want in the server_count parameter:
openstack stack update --existing --parameter server_count=3 Jenkins-Stack
Wait for the stack to finish updating. You can view the status of the stack by using the MyCloud Control Panel and listing your servers or by running the command:
openstack stack list.